Why install a waste to energy plant?
Utilising biomass energy in your business
Ever wondered if there was an easy, affordable way to manage the waste from your business and reduce skyrocketing energy and heating costs? Inoplex have the answer. A waste to energy plant utilises waste to produce bioenergy which is used to generate heat and power.
Looking for a Biomass Energy Power Plant?
Inoplex are experts at biomass energy generation from Anaerobic Digesters and Landfill gas.Enquire Today
Membrane Anaerobic Baffled Reactor
The membrane Anaerobic Baffled Reactor, or mABR, developed and manufactured in Australia by Inoplex. There are a huge variety of compelling reasons to install an organic waste to energy plant for your business or property.
Turn a cost into revenue
By harnessing and realizing the value in wastes which businesses were previously paying to get rid of. Waste removal and management, which can be a reoccurring liability with increasing costs every year, is turned into a growing revenue stream.
This is achieved through a combination of strategies which the experienced team at Inoplex can customise to suit your specific requirements including:
Reducing grid power expenses by producing your own electricity
The electrical energy produced in a waste to energy project should be strategically planned managed to provide the most profitable solution for your business.
The power you generate will be used to offset grid power purchases in a variety of ways depending on your businesses needs including:
- Baseload - the cogenerator runs 24/7 which supplies a continuous amount of clean, green, reliable power for your business.
- Load Following - the cogenerator automatically powers up and down to meet the particular needs of your property whenever required. This function can suit operations with variable power demands.
- Time of Use power - the cogenerator is turned on and off on an automatic time clock to reduce peak supply charges and run only to eliminate power peaks. This system provides a substitute for the most expensive grid power periods.
- Island Mode - this function runs the cogenerator to power specific electrical circuits while they are disconnected from the grid. This option saves the costs associated with synchronizing with the grid for a lower capital cost project.
- Sell power to the grid - for projects where more biogas is generated than required for the site demand and the electrical utility is amenable, you could sell excess power to the grid at a relatively modest rate which provides a positive, ongoing revenue stream for your business. This green energy or renewable power can be purchased by consumers and business wanting to make their contribution towards renewable energy, reduce greenhouse gasses, and create a cleaner environment. There is a substantial demand for power generated using renewable energy sources.
- Sell Renewable Energy Certificates (RECs) - this income can be utilised to partially offset the initial project investment.
- Sell Carbon Credits - methane is a greenhouse gas 21 times more potent than carbon dioxide. The methane generated and captured by the waste to energy system can be safely collected and converted generate heat and power.
The experienced team at Inoplex will work with you to design, and later refine, a combination of the electrical strategies above to ensure your business is maximising the waste to energy plant and the plant is catering for the exact energy needs of the business.
Reduce heating costs by producing green thermal energy
Reduce your business or property heating costs by producing your own thermal energy using the rejected heat from the electrical cogenerator.
Many businesses use expensive heat energy sources such as grid electricity or LPG for their heating. This cost can be significantly reduced by utilising the clean, reliable high-grade heat from the cogenerator.
- Water heating to 90℃ is typical with higher temperatures available upon request. This function can be linked into an existing boiler system to seamlessly provide an extra heat source. This automatically reduces the other heating energy costs paid for by your business.
- Steam is also available, for businesses who require it, using the cogenerator exhaust energy and/or a biogas steam boiler.
- Additional electrical energy - if your business does not need or value the additional heat, an Organics Rankin Cycle generator can be fitted to act as the engine radiator which allows an extra 10 to 15% more electrical energy to be produced by the project.
Reduce your water purchase and disposal costs
This applies to liquids such as trade waste. By generating your own purified water for reuse you can substantially lower the expenses involved in buying water and disposing of wastewater in your business.
- The mABR treated water is filtered to 0.05 um to produce crystal clear water suitable for many washdown applications.
- The water can be further polished for the substitution of mains water for cooling tower type applications
- Lastly, the effluent water can also be used for irrigation or discharged to trade waste as clean water if you have no need for the water.
Sell sludge or biosolids
A waste to energy plant provides businesses with the opportunity to sell sludge and biosolids instead of paying others to take it away. The mABR produces high-quality biosolids, compliant with EPA A class, which can be sold to agricultural and other consumers to reduce their fertiliser demand.
Reduce time spent on managing waste
Avoiding the frustration of managing waste removal and the associated contractors is a huge plus for waste to energy systems. This allows business owners and managers to focus on their core business.
The mABR is deployed as a convenient, no fuss, waste disposal system, managed for you if you prefer, providing a positive cash flow opportunity without using up vast amounts of your valuable time.
Future proof energy and self-sufficient waste management
Business input costs such as electricity and fuel have increased massively over the past decade, with little evidence of a downturn in costs on the horizon.
There has also been great uncertainty around the cost of pollution in terms of the carbon tax and trading. Waste to energy systems provides businesses with a clean energy option to insulate against these increasing and uncertain costs. By installing an mABR and using this advantage you are shoring up your businesses long term viability.
Reduce environmental impact
Reducing the impact your business has on the environment has many advantages apart from complying with EPA regulations.
Installing the mABR system provides legitimate business benefits.
- Your business’ carbon emissions will be directly reduced.
- You will indirectly reduce the carbon emissions of the grid generators and transmission losses
- Vastly reduced transportation of sludge and biosolids
- Energy savings on water and wastewater services.
This is an outstanding environmental impact, which is not very surprising as governments in Europe encouraged 100s of such projects.
Is a waste to energy plant right for your business?
Speak to our team about the potential benefit of a waste to energy solution for your business on 0448 307 282 or complete our online waste to energy enquiry form today.